If you enjoy your occasional cigar, then you know storing them can be difficult sometimes. That is because they require special storing conditions. Otherwise, you end up with a few dried up cigars that lost their fresh scent. So what are your options? The best one you will find is a humidor. A humidor is a special box that maintains the ideal humidity level for cigars. You place the cigars in such a box, and they will keep their freshness.
But what do you do when you are traveling or when you are on vacation? Simple. You purchase a travel humidor. It’s just like a regular humidor, it creates the same environment for the cigars, but it’s smaller, suited for travel.
The advantages of using a travel humidor
All cigar aficionados are looking forward to smoking their cigars someplace quiet with nobody disturbing them. However, the moment would be ruined if the cigars are not stored properly. Imagine yourself being impatient, looking for the perfect spot, finding it, and then to realize your cigars have lost their freshness. Terrible. That is why you must get a travel humidor. There are a few benefits that I am sure you will enjoy.
- You can enjoy your cigars while on the road – a lot of business people travel a lot. That doesn’t mean they have to be deprived of one of the life’s Bringing along the humidor you have at home is not a viable option. For starters, you don’t need that many cigars with you. Secondly, it’s too big. It may fit a suitcase, but it occupies too much space. A travel humidor, on the other hand, can store as little as 5 cigars. I think that is more than enough for a week or two. It’s not like you smoke a cigar every single day. It’s compact, and you won’t even know you have it.
- Your cigars will always be fresh – nobody likes a dry cigar. It makes your throat dry and can cause you to cough pretty badly. A high-quality cigar needs a certain amount of moisture so you can enjoy it better. That is what a travel humidor will do. It will keep a particular level of humidity, so your cigars will always be fresh. You won’t have to throw out hundreds of dollars worth of cigars. A lot of people know that the secret to a good cigar is the way you store it.
- A travel humidor will improve the quality of your stock – as far as this aspect is concerned, travel humidors, and humidors in general, are like wine barrels. The better the quality of the barrel, the better the wine. If you invest in a high-quality travel humidor, your cigars will improve while in storage, not deteriorate. They will become better and better as each day passes. I can guarantee you will not regret buying one. Thousands of people have already tried such a product, and they vouch for it. It will do wonders to your stock.
- It will keep the scent in – you may enjoy your occasional cigar, but you and I both know that cigars are not the most lovely smelling items in the world. Quite the contrary actually. Some people consider they stink. Put them in your suitcase, and all your clothes will smell as if they were made in a tobacco factory.
How to choose the best travel humidor
When you are looking to purchase a travel humidor, you need to use the same criteria you used when you bought the one at home. I don’t believe for a second that you don’t have one. Every cigar aficionado has one. However, if you want to make sure that you buy the right thing, here are the most important factors you need to consider before making a purchase.
- This may be the most obvious one, but it needs to be suited for travel. That means it has to be compact, easy to fit in your luggage, no matter how small it is. Portability is everything when it comes to a travel humidor, so anything that may seem difficult to transport is unsuitable and will not meet its purpose.
- It should be water-tight and air-tight. The point of a humidor is to maintain some degree of humidity, so nothing must get out of it. The opposite is self-explanatory. If nothing goes out, nothing must go in either. Air and water should not be able to infiltrate inside the container.
- It has to be the right size for you. Only you know how long your trips are and what style of cigars you prefer. Not all cigars are created equal. Some of them are thicker, some of them are longer. Depending on those features, choose the best travel humidor for your personal cigars. If the humidor is too big, the cigars will wobble and get ruined. If the humidor is too small…you get the point. So make sure that you look carefully at the specifications before hitting the ‘add to cart’ button.
- It should have a humidifier – that is one of those ‘doh’ moments. It’s not like you can keep the moisture inside yourself. You need a humidifier for that. If the humidor you choose doesn’t have an internal humidifier, you can’t even call it a humidor. It’s just a glorified travel case for cigars.
- Look carefully at the lid and seal – that is paramount. The humidity must not escape from inside the container. Otherwise, your cigars will deteriorate. It is preferable for the lid to close on a pillow of air. It’s the only way to make sure that air will not enter the case.
- The material of the travel humidor is according to preference. However, not all materials are suited for such an item. The best ones you can hope for are wood, aluminum, leather, and ABS plastic. Some models even combine two or three of them. The point is that as long as you choose one of the four I mentioned, I am sure you will get it right.
- Price is not always a factor, but if it is, my advice to you is not to go for the cheapest one. I am not saying that you should buy a high-end product, but keep in mind that the price of the humidor is dictated by the number of resources put in its manufacture. The fewer resources, the lower the price. But with few resources comes low-quality, and that will ruin your cigars. Find at least a middle-priced travel humidor. In the long run, you actually save money by not throwing away cigars that are not properly stored.
As far as I am concerned, those are the most important aspects you should consider before buying a travel humidor. When it comes to shape and color, it is entirely up to you. Capacity as well. Only you know how long your trips are and how many cigars you’ll be taking with you.
What are the best travel humidors?
I cannot give you an exact answer. What I can do is give you a few suggestions that I found online. My choice is based purely on customers’ reviews. From my point of view, people who already bought and used a particular product are the most qualified to have an opinion.
Cigar Daddy 3240 10 Cigar Travel Humidor
The Cigar Daddy travel humidor has a capacity of 10 Churchill cigars. You can put in less if you think it’s necessary. The interior of the container is soft, so the cigars won’t get ruined if it gets shaken. The material the humidor is made of is high-quality, sturdy ABS plastic. It will not break anytime soon, but dropping it too often is not advised.
The humidor is watertight and airtight. The seal is impenetrable, and it is waterproof to 100 feet deep. Although I don’t know in which circumstances you would dive to that depth with your cigars on you. But if you drop it in water, it will float.
The humidor from Cigar Daddy has two removable/replaceable locking clasps, and the hinges are made of durable stainless steel. The lid has one humidifier disc that will maintain your cigars fresh at all times. It has an attractive design. It looks and feels sturdy like nothing is going to break it. It will keep the smell in so the content of your suitcase will not be compromised. It has everything you need in a humidor. The price is affordable as well. It’s one of those products that you wouldn’t expect to be high-quality at such a low price, but it will surprise you. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Amancy Cedar Wood Lined Travel Cigar Humidor
The Amancy humidor comes with a humidifier and a built-in hygrometer, which makes it superior to the previous product. That, of course, is reflected in the price, but not by much. Quite surprisingly, it’s not as expensive as one would expect.
It has an elegant design. It’s made of leather on the outside and cedar wood on the inside. It can hold up to 5 cigars. What I like about this humidor is that it has a very small footprint. It’s shaped like a cylinder, so it will not occupy much space. The fact that the interior is made of wood is a good thing because unlike any other material, wood is capable of retaining moisture for a longer period of time.
The Amancy has a sturdy construction, and the lid wouldn’t even budge. The hygrometer will show you how little humidity escapes the cylinder which can only mean that it will keep your cigars fresh long enough. I am sure that you will be satisfied with the product if you decide to give it a try. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Mrs. Brog Travel Cigar Humidor
The humidor brought to you by Mrs. Brog might as well be one the most sturdy humidors I have ever seen. It has an appealing design. The red colormakes it more attractive than any other humidor. Leaving the aesthetics aside, this cigar humidor is crushproof. It is made of high-quality, durable, reinforced ABS plastic. Nothing will be able to break it.
The interior is lined with cushions, so no matter what you do or where you keep the humidor, the cigars inside will be intact. You can put it in your backpack, golf bag, anywhere else you want, nothing bad will happen. It doesn’t even matter if you shake the container. The humidifier inside will keep the cigars fresh, and the hygrometer will let you know if the humidity drops.
A lot of people, including the manufacturer, refers to this humidor as indestructible. Unlike many humidors, you don’t have to be careful with this one. It doesn’t require gentle transportation. You can even take it with you in your outdoor adventures. The strong ABS plastic together with the protective foam makes for one of the best humidors on the market. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I have seen a lot of opinions about all three products, but the ones about the Mrs. Brog Travel Cigar Humidor are outstanding. The item is indeed indestructible. The quality features and the excellent design make this one of the best travel humidors on the market, which is why I strongly recommend it.
You wouldn’t think that cigars need so much ‘babysitting,’ but in fact, they are very sensitive. That is if you want to enjoy their quality and taste for an extended period of time. Also, if you like to invest in good cigars, it would be a shame not to buy a humidor as well. Otherwise, your investment goes down the drain. So purchase one of the three products above. I am sure you will not regret it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Humidor Cigar and How It Can Affect You
- Mythical Solutions to Portable Humidor Disclosed
- Top Cigar Lighters Tips!
- The Characteristics of Cigar Travel Case
- Lies You’ve Been Told About Cigars Online
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Humidors for Sale Before You’re Left Behind
- How to Choose Cigar Humidifier
- Choosing Cigar Cutter Is Simple
- A History of Travel Humidor Refuted
- Whispered Humidor Secrets
- The Cigar Humidor Game
- The Most Neglected Answer for Cigar Gifts
- Humidor Humidifier Explained
- The Ultimate Solution for Xikar Humidor
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Travel Humidor Case Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- Top It ‘s a Boy Cigars Guide!
- The Foolproof Buy Cigars Online Strategy
- Xikar Travel Humidor Features
- Find Out Who’s Talking About Humidor Box and Why You Need to Be Worried
- The Ultimate Humidor for Cigars Trick
- The Ideal Strategy to Humidor Accessories
- The History of Cigar Humidor Combo Refuted
- Up in Arms About Cuban Cigars for Sale?
- All About Cheap Humidors
- Cigars for Sale Guide
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Best Humidor Exposed
- The Argument About Cigar Travel Humidor
- How to Choose Cigar Holder
- What Every Body Is Saying About Cigar Accessories Is Wrong and Why
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Travel Cigar Case and How to Avoid It
- The Key to Successful Small Humidor
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Cigar Case and What You Have to Do
- Travel Cigar Humidor – the Story
- The Insider Secrets for Cigar Box Exposed
- Why Everybody Is Talking About Best Cigar Humidor